Sunday, May 8, 2011

You're in the Marine Corps now...

 I'd hoped to hang on the the Fustache til September,  but the SNCOIC  (highest ranking non commissioned officer in charge) of  our RSS told me yesterday that I wasn't going anywhere near my future base without a squared away,  USMC approved mustache.  Any of you that have met me know that means losing about 70% of my beloved stache. 

Until recently,  I've paid for my stache' with a 100 extra pushups at PT.  The usual is:

Sgt W*: "B,  100 pushups for the beard!"

Me:  "Aye sir!"

Sgt W:  "Dayum you're stubborn."

Me: (Grinning)  "Aye sir!"

Sgt W: "Why won't you just shave that damned thing?"

Me: "Source of my superpowers,  Sir."

Sgt W: (rolls eyes) "On the deck,  push em' out!"

On the bright side,  SSGT T approves of The Fustache, and is jealous that his isn't as awesome.  Such are the deprivations of the Active duty guys.

So,  I'll have to get some before/after pics.  I suspect it's going to look strange,  but this is the only time I've got to go to HQ before boot,  so it shouldn't take long to grow back :P.  Completely shaven will be the truly strange, and I aim to avoid that for as long as possible.

*I'm just going to abbreviate last names here,  seems prudent.

8 comments:

  1. Aye, seems prudent indeed!
    My nephew completed boot last year - he's back out in the reserves, now. Off to VMI this fall, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd never post anything negative, just on the principle of " I don't like things that can potentially bite me in the arse", but my noncoms are good people, so I don't have anything to bitch about.

    Good on your Nephew, is he going to shoot for officer school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the plan - he looks pretty dang good as a squared away Marine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heath, clean shaven IS the better option... Just sayin... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to argue with with voice of experience, NFO, but damn will I miss that soup strainer.

    Gonna look damned goofy is all.

    Scott, That's awesome, they say OCS isn't for the faint of heart, be proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NOOOO!!!!!

    I think I'm gonna cry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heath,

    Tell you what. I'll grow mine out in solidarity - think of it as your surrogate 'stache...

    Semper Fi, Marine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me about it, Weerd..


    Jay- Awesome man, Carry the torch well :)

    Besides, it goes good with 2 wheels. Long enough and it goes good with braids and a few beads for effect. Should match the hobo jacket perfect...

    Just a Poolee for now, but I'll be happy to return that once I've earned the title ;)

    ReplyDelete