That was one busy weekend. Amanda and I went half expecting to find other things to do once we'd seen the convention, and ended up not having a free moment. It was a blur of wandering the convention and mingling through the evenings.
The first night at Chance and Jay G's hotel was fun. It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting up with new folks that I hadn't yet met in meatspace. Perfect way to start the weekend out, and we got a lot of interest for this years Northcoast Blogshoot.
Friday David and ourselves were the only ones early (and lucky) enough to avoid sitting in traffic for hours, so after getting shiny media IDs we headed to the Woolrich booth for demo Allen was supposed to be giving. He ended up getting stuck in the same traffic that caught everyone else, but the demo was still cool, Woolrich makes some nice stuff. (an aside, BoTach has a really good sale right now)
Highlight of the show that day was Jay G's face when he noticed a Browning Ma Deuce sitting on a tripod. The rapt look and whistled "Ode To Joy" was priceless, and the only reason we don't have video proof now is that I was laughing to hard to get the camera into action.
Later on that day, as we were perusing the booths, I spotted the Coonan display. No sooner had I sad "Oh! Sweet! Coonans!", than an older gentleman standing in the booth introduces himself as Dan Coonan. He was kind enough to get pics with us, and even autographed copies of Shotgun News that featured his famous pistol. Now I must have one...
That evening we headed over to the Tilted Kilt, and those bastards wouldn't let us carry in the restaurant. Despite that it was a good time. Much thanks to Crimson Trace for the food and drinks, and where else does dinner come with a head licking Brit Topshot winner? A good time was had by all, except some old fart that was pissed with a bunch of bloggers preventing him from getting his Old Lech on.
Gotta run, other half to come later.
Well...some of us were still carrying. ;)
ReplyDelete