I wish I could post something happy and meaningful about celebrating freedom today, but given that launching fireworks, having a bonfire*, and modifying the diesel on my truck are all illegal, I'm just not feeling it.
Laws be damned anyhow, and I'll do all of those, the 4th is a fine day to celebrate in the Wookie suit.
* How fucked up is that? The .gov goes out of their way to regulate a tool that did as much to put us on the top of the food chain as the damned wheel. Bastards.
Are you really surprised anymore??? I'm not...
ReplyDeleteYou forget that I'm young and naive, to some extent. It's only been in the past few years that I've noticed that all the fun things I did growing up were all pretty much illegal. You take that for grated out in the sticks. Now it just pisses me off.
ReplyDeleteThat, and the county sheriff, having solved every other problem there is, is on a crusade against ILLEGAL FIREWORKS (!!!!). Since they have nothing better to do, you see.
Just put me in a bad mood.