I've read up on how this works, seems pretty straight forward, even on the TSA website. The only ticklish thing I can find is transporting 2 pistols into a state that doesn't offer CCW reciprocity with Ohio (Texas). Is there anything other that observing local firearm transport laws that I should know? I pretty much go by the "forgiveness before permission" rule when it comes to self defense, but I like to at least know what I'm [i]supposed[/i] to be doing legally.
Thoughts?
It's completely legal to carry a gun in your car in Texas in any condition you want. It just can't be in plain view.
ReplyDeleteAlan beat me to it. And Texas is NOT an open carry State. Get a Florida non-res CCW, it's reciprocal with Texas.
ReplyDeleteThank you both. Shouldn't be a problem then, We're only there long enough to transfer title and head east.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to send out for that Florida non-res for the past several years, but I just don't get out of state enough to justify making it a priority. (read, lazy)